Travel and Tourism
I studied Entry Level English and Maths at the College and then progressed to this course at the King's Cross Centre. I like the Learning Centre and the teachers are very supportive. I am working in a travel agency at the moment and this course is really helping with customer service in work.
Travel & Tourism
Travel & Tourism has changed dramatically in the last few years, with an increasing range of opportunities. The Travel & Tourism industries generate billions of pounds worldwide and to work in them you will need good communication and marketing skills and a focus on delivering great products and experiences to an increasingly sophisticated customer, as well as exceeding the service that they expect.
There are a number of different areas of work within the Travel & Tourism sector, including customer service and marketing and sales roles in tourist boards, travel agencies, airlines and holiday companies. You could also choose to move into product development or IT and administration for the leisure industry. Whatever career you choose, Westminster Kingsway College is ideally placed in the heart of London with great facilities to give you the experience and skills you need.
Careers at a glance:
- Travel Agent
- Cabin Crew
- Airport Management
- Tour Operator
- Cruise Manager
- Resort Representative
- Catering Manager
- Sales Executive
- Hotel Manager
- Access to Higher Education Diploma: Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism Level 3
- BA Honours: Tourism and Business Management Level 6 (Full Time)
- BA Honours: Tourism and Business Management Level 6 (Part Time)
- Foundation Degree: Tourism Management Level 4/5 (Full time)
- Institute of Hospitality and Tourism Management Diploma Level 3 – September start
- Institute of Hospitality and Tourism Management Diploma Level 4 – September start
- Professional Food and Beverage Service Level 1/Level 2/Level 3
BTEC Level 3 Travel & Tourism
I moved from A-Levels to Travel & Tourism. I am so glad that I changed as it has been a great course and I have really enjoyed the events management module. I would like to work in hotel management or adventure tourism eventually and this course is giving me the skills I need to achieve that. The College is really interesting and diverse. You always meet new people and the teachers are approachable and very helpful.