Information for Adult Learners | Westminster Kingsway College

Information for Adult Learners

Fee Information for Adult Learners

Adult learners include all students aged 19 or over. Westminster Kingsway College has options available for all students seeking financial support, dependent on personal circumstances and nationality. This page is your go-to for all information relating to fees. 

Contact the college directly at 020 7963 4181 for one-to-one advice on adult learner fees. Alternatively, you can email our support team at

The government offers a helpful overview of funding available for adult learners at A full list of rules pertaining to Student Finance can be found here.

The following information is for guidance only and is subject to change depending on your status at the time of enrolment. 

Did you know?

If you earn less £20,572.50 per year you may be eligible to study an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course at Westminster Kingsway College for FREE. Please call 020 7963 4181 for more information.


Your individual circumstances dictate whether or not you are entitled to free education.

Students below the age of 19 on August 31st before enrolment are usually entitled to free education paid for by the Education and Skills Funding Agency. When you turn 19, this changes.

If you are aged 19 or over and want to study an entry level, level 1 or level 2 course, you may be entitled to study for FREE if you are:

  • Working 37 hours per week and earning less than £20,572.50 per year
  • Earning less than, or equal to, £80 per week or £338 per month and in receipt of Universal Credit or Income Support

Although course fees are free, you may be asked to pay:

  • Student Membership fee – The majority of students attending the College will have to pay this fee (normally £25). Your membership card enables you to access College buildings and resources, such as borrowing books and laptops, from our well stocked and equipped Learning Centres.
  • Resource fee – This covers the cost of essential course materials and is payable on certain courses.

The course fees that you pay will depend on the course to which you enrol. The changing nature of government funding for Further and Higher Education in the UK means that fees are subject to change each year.

Please contact the College for the latest course fees on 020 7963 4181 or by email at


If you are looking to study a course and are not eligible for funding from the Government, you may eligible for financial support in the form of the Advanced Learned Loan, grants and bursaries.

Advanced Learner Loans for Level 3, 4, 5 and 6 Courses

You may be eligible for an Advanced Learning Loan if you are aged 19 or over and studying an eligible Level 3 or above course, including Access to Higher Education Diplomas. For more information, please click here.

The loan is not subject to a credit check and is only repayable when you are earning over £25,725 per year. Household income is not taken into account (unless you are earning under £20,572.50 per year).

More information on Advanced Learner Loans can be found here.

If you are studying an Access to Higher Education Diploma, Student Finance England will write off any remaining Advanced Learner Loan balance once you have completed a HE degree related to your Access course.


You may be eligible to apply for a small grant towards the costs of books and equipment. However, funds are limited and you should apply early.

There is also help available for those students who require assistance with the everyday living costs associated with studying in a further education college. For more information based on your own individual circumstances please call 020 7963 4181.


Our Childcare Co-ordinator will be happy to answer any enquiries about the childcare facilities available. Please telephone 020 7963 4181 and ask to speak to the Childcare Co-ordinator. If you are aged under 20, you may be able to get help with childcare costs through a scheme called ‘Care2Learn’. Call 0845 600 2809 for further information.

Translate »