Enrolment Guide | Westminster Kingsway College

Enrolment Guide

How do I enrol?

Enrolment for most of our courses opens in the Summer, around GCSE Results Day.

You need to enrol before you can start at college – you will not be guaranteed a place on your course until you have fully enrolled and received your Student Membership Card and Learning Agreement.

Enrolment Dates

Please remember that places are limited on some courses, and we cannot guarantee your place until you have completed all the enrolment processes and have a signed learning agreement and a College Membership Card.


Soho Centre

For Access to HE, Science and HNC Creative Media Courses – please call us for further information on 020 7963 4181

For ESOL Courses at Soho Centre – Please note these times are a guideline and may only be for the test. We will try and see everyone when they come in, but they may need to wait depending on how busy we are and how many members of staff are available to test and enrol at a particular time.

Regent’s Park Centre

Childcare Courses – Now recruiting for January 2019

Friday 16th November 10:30-2pm
Monday 19th November 11- 3pm
Monday 26th November 11-3pm
Friday 30th November 10:30-2pm
Monday 3rd December 11-3pm
Friday 7th December 10:30-2pm
Monday 10th December 11-3pm
Friday 14th December 10:30-2pm
Monday 17th December 11-3pm
Monday 14th January 2019 11-3pm
Friday 18th January 2019 10:30-2pm

For ESOL Courses
Please call us for further information on 020 7963 4181

Victoria Centre

For Vocational Courses (Business, Culinary Arts Part-Time, Hospitality, Travel and Tourism, Professional Chefs Diploma), Access to HE and Higher Education (BA Hons and Foundation Degrees) Courses

Please call us for further information on 020 7963 4181

How to enrol – what to bring

Please remember to bring with you evidence of any qualifications, a reference – if possible –  from your last place of study (if you are a school/college leaver) and examples of your artwork, if you are applying for an art and design course.

If you are not able to attend your appointment please visit the relevant college centre on one of the drop in dates to discuss course options. Details of drop in dates will be in included in your interview pack or via the link on this website.

Please also bring one of the following:

  • Passport*
  • Full UK Birth Certificate (only acceptable for learners with a parent born in the UK stated on the learner’s birth certificate, or for learners born before 1 January 1983) and Photo ID
  • UK Certificate of Naturalisation
  • UK Certificate of Registration
  • EU ID Card
  • Travel Document
  • ARC Card and Home Office letter with date of asylum application
  • Home Office Letter
  • Marriage Certificate (if you are in the UK/EEA on a spousal visa)
  • Valid UK/EEA Visa or entrance clearance.
  • Relative’s UK immigration permission if on family visa.
  • Any other documents

*If you are enrolling on a higher education course please bring your passport to enrolment. 

If you are a non EEA national please bring your passport to enrolment and evidence of your current UK/EEA immigration permissions.


If you are aged 19 or over and receiving any of the following please bring evidence with you:

  • Job Seekers Allowance
  • Employment Support Allowance (ESA) in the Work Related Activity Group (WRAG).
  • Employment Support Allowance (ESA) and earns less than 16 times the National Minimum Wage a week or £338 a month.
  • You are employed and earning less than £15,736.50 annual gross salary.
  • Income Support**
  • Universal Credit **
    **If you are in receipt of Universal Credit or Income Support you will also need to earn either less than 16 times the appropriate age related rate of the national minimum wage/national living wage a week, or £338 a month (individual claims) or £541 a month (household claims). You wish to be employed – or progress into more sustainable employment if you are earning less than amounts stated above – and your course is directly relevant to your employment prospects/local labour market needs.

Evidence of Benefits

Please bring any of the following as evidence of your benefits:

  • A recent letter from the Benefits Agency
  • A recent letter confirming you are in receipt of the benefit
  • A recent bank statement showing the payment of the benefit into your bank along with the original letter from the Benefit Agency confirming that you are in receipt of the benefit

The benefit must be in your name, and evidence needs to be dated 1 August 2018 or after.

Evidence of Income

We will also need confirmation of your income if you are:

  • Receiving Income Support or Universal Credit – please see note ** above.


  • Employed and earning less than £15,736.50 annual gross salary.  

Please bring any of the following as evidence of your income:

  • A current employment contact that confirms your gross monthly or annual wages.


  • A Recent wage slip dated within 3 months of your course start date. If you are paid monthly your last 2 salary slips, or if you are paid weekly, your last 6 salary slips.

This information should also show your national insurance number.

You will also need to bring money to pay for your fees.

  • You will be assessed for fee purposes when you visit the College.

You will not be guaranteed a place on your course until you have fully enrolled and received your Student Membership Card and Learning Agreement.


Westminster Kingsway College is part of the WKCIC Group, trading as Capital City College Group, and you are enrolling into this Group.

If you have any further queries please contact a Learner Consultant on 020 7963 4181 or courseinfo@capitalccg.ac.uk


What if I have a disability/mental health difficulty? 

Either you or your carer can contact us on 020 7963 4181, email us at courseinfo@westking.ac.uk or visit one of our College centres to speak to a Learner Consultant and we can make arrangements for your enrolment.

When is my College Welcome Day/Induction?

You will be given full details when you enrol. Your Welcome Day/Induction will give you the chance to meet your tutors/teachers and the other students in your class, and to get used to the College buildings. You will be shown around the Learning Centres and hear about the help and support you can expect in the classroom. You will also find out if there is any financial support available for you. We will help you to settle in and to understand the kind of behaviour that is required to be successful during your time at the College. Our aim is to work with you, to help you achieve your potential. If you have any further questions on welcome days and inductions, please call 020 7963 4181 or email courseinfo@westking.ac.uk

How can you get involved in College life?

When you enrol at College, you will receive your Student Membership Card (ID card). You will also find out about the Class Representatives system, Student Association, Student Council Meetings and applying to become a Student Ambassador. Westminster Kingsway College really values your opinion and these are just some of the many ways that you can get involved and share your ideas with us.

Translate »