It is intended for students who want to progress to a career in the Digital sector, with a focus on software design and development. At the end of the Technical Qualification,students should have gained the core knowledge and skills related to software design and development and are well placed to develop full occupational competence with additional development and support once in employment in the digital sector. Students interested in studying the T level Digital Production, Design and Development should have a clear idea as to the industry sector they wish to pursue as a career as well as an idea of the type of job role they would like to explore as an career. The pathway has been designed and validated by a panel of digital employers and education providers to ensure it meets the progression routes and is relevent to industry needs.
Students will complete a minimum of 315 hours as part of their qualification in industry on placement, this equates to 20% of your learning, for the other 80% of the T-level you will be learning in a classroom. Embedded within the T-level will be students learning English, Maths and Digital skills, weekly tutorials, and 2 hours of Education Enhancement Program where students will learn contextualised English/Maths and Digital skills.
? problem solving
? emerging issues and impact of digital
? legislation and regulatory requirements
? business context
? digital environments
5 GCSEs at 9-4, inclusive of English and Maths.
Successful interview and assessment
All assessments are externally marked and are split into two sections the core component and the occupational specialist component,
Employer Set project (externally set)
Occupational Specialist Component:
Externally set project
If you will be aged 16, 17 or 18 on 31 August in the year you begin your course, and have been resident in the UK/EU/EEA for the past 3 years, it will be free. Some courses will have other costs associated, such as for materials and trips. Many of our students are eligible for financial support when studying at college – please click here for more information.
The T level supports progression into entry level jobs or higher education
Job roles and progression paths could include:
Higher education and training paths could include:
Gen joined Westminster Kingsway College to undertake a Level 3 Creative Media Diploma.
Gen was guided through our Level 3 Creative Media qualifications, gained valuable knowledge experience on our GLA funded VFX bootcamp, which ultimately led to his successful application to a Visual Effects Level 4 Apprenticeship.
Gen is now working as a Junior Roto and Paint Artist at Industrial Light and Magic, one of the most prestigious global VFX companies.
Find out more about the courses and levels offered at WestKing...