This qualification aims to introduce you to the use of counselling skills in everyday life and work, and some of the approaches that underpin the use of these skills.
This qualification gives you the opportunity to investigate the knowledge and skills needed to use counselling skills and engage in a helping interaction appropriately.
This qualification does not qualify you to practice as a counsellor.
This qualification is useful for anyone who would like to develop their use of counselling skills for use in either work or a personal capacity. These may be learners who wish to progress towards further qualifications or learners who wish to study this programme in order to complement other programmes (e.g., health and social care, children’s care, learning and development, voluntary and community work).
You can enrol on our FREE distance learning courses from the comfort of your own home, with all workbooks and assessments available online with the help of your tutor who will be assigned to support you throughout your training.
All you’ll need is a computer (laptop or PC, Windows, or Mac), tablet and access to the internet.
Awarding body: NCFE/CACHE
Duration of course: 2-3 Months
Guided learning hours: 120
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 – Using counselling skills
• Unit 02 – Introduction to counselling skills theories
• Unit 03 – Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
• Unit 04 – Counselling skills and personal development
To enrol with us you must live in London or a non-devolved area of England and
· Be aged 19 or over
· Be able to provide a British or Irish Passport with three years’ residency in the EU/EEA or
· Have a European Union Settlement Scheme residence (EUSS) with three years’ residency in the EU/EEA and UK and have lived in the UK prior to 31 December 2020 or
· Have a biometric residence card permitting study in the UK along with having lived in the UK for the at least the last three years and
· Be able to provide current proof of JSA, IS, UC or ESA or proof of salary
Register interest and BOOK NOW
• You will be contacted and asked to complete a short English assessment and enrolment, on-line or at the College
• If you have any further questions, or are unsure if you meet any of the eligibility criteria for a free course, please contact the Distance Learning Team: email@example.com - 0207 931 6903
FREE – If you meet the eligibility criteria
The qualification can support progression to further sector-specific training and qualifications for the following types of roles:
• Public Service and Care
• Health and Social Care