This is an online learning courses with adviser support to help you gain a qualification in Health and Social Care (at Level 2, with potential to study further at Level 3) and progress into employment.
Anyone who is interested in a career in Health and Social Care, and is currently not employed or engaged in other forms of study. You must live within the Greater London area, and have the right to live and work in the UK.
The online study can be completed within around 4 weeks and you will continue to be supported by an adviser for help with your CV and job applications for up to a year.
1) Preparing to work in adult social care (level 2)
This qualification provides an ideal taster for those who may be new to the sector or new to the world of work. It is accessible to learners of all ages who may want to understand more about working in health and social care. It aims to introduce some basic concepts of caring and preparation for employment in the sector.
The qualification covers the areas of communication, equality, diversity and inclusion, personal development, role of the social care worker, handling information, health and safety, safeguarding, duty of care and person-centred approaches.
It is a must have for anyone taking the adult Intermediate Health and Social Care apprenticeship.
2) Principles of infection control (level 2)
This qualification aims to help learners to understand:
• the meaning and importance of infection control
• the causes of infections, the conditions in which they thrive and the ways that they can be spread
• methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection.
Be provided with support to update your CV and go on to further training or employment.
You must be:
1) Unemployed and not studying elsewhere
2) Living in a London Borough
3) Have the right to live and work in the UK
4) Have access to a PC.
Assessment is online with detailed feedback provided.
Free to eligible learners.
Study L3 units on this programme
Progress to an Apprenticeship
Find paid work
Enrol at the college for further study options.