Visas and Immigration

If you’re not a national of the UK or a national of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status in the UK, and don’t already hold a UK visa, you may need a study visa. You can check if you need a visa to study by visiting and filling in your details.

There are different study visa categories available, and the one for you will depend on your age, and the length, type and level of the course you want to study.

Student Route Visas

Westminster Kingsway College (part of Capital City College Group) is currently not sponsoring international students for Student Route Visas (previously known as Tier 4 General Student Visas).

This does not affect existing Tier 4 General Student Visa holders studying at the college, who may continue their studies as planned.

Immigration Health Surcharge 

As part of your immigration application, you will be asked to pay for an Immigration Health Surcharge. To find out whether you need to pay an immigration health surcharge, and how much this will be, please follow the instructions on the online surcharge calculator.

Short-term Study Visas

Students wishing to study in the UK for period a period of 6 months or less may do so on a Visitor Visa. Non visa nationals can apply for visitor clearing upon entry to the UK, visa nationals should apply in advance. For English language courses of 6 – 11 months a Short-Term Study visa should be applied for in advance of travel.

For more information on short term study visas, please visit

Important information

UK visas and immigration rules change frequently. It is important that you research carefully how to apply for the type of visa you will need and what you will need to include in your application. The following are links to information to help you with this:

  • UKVI (United Kingdom Visas and Immigration)
    This is the official webpage of the UK government visas and immigration services, and you will be able to find guidance on student visa applications as well as everything else you need to know about UK immigration rules. 
    The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) is the UK’s national advisory body serving the interests of international students and those who work with them. They provide advice and guidance to international students on a variety of topics, such as immigration rules, visa applications and living and working in the UK. 
  • Education UK 
    This website provides information for international students about studying in the UK, as well as courses, scholarships, student life in the UK and events in the UK and overseas.

We encourage you to consult the UKVI website for the most up-to-date information. An immigration advisor, or an education agent, in your country may also be able to help.

If you have any questions regarding visas and immigration please contact


We do not have accommodation for students, but we do work closely with a number of accommodation providers and are able to provide information on accommodation options in London.

For student halls of residence, take a look at Unilodgers or London Homestays. For short stay options or further information, please contact

King's Cross Centre
211 Grays Inn Road
London, WC1X 8RA
Map & Information
Victoria Centre
Vincent Square
London, SW1P 2PD
Map & Information
Soho Centre
Peter Street
London, W1F 0HS
Map & Information
Alexandra Centre
Ainsworth Way
London, NW8 0SR
Map & Information
Regent's Park Centre
Longford Street
London, NW1 3HB
Map & Information
Out Of Hours

 Part of Capital City College Group
Part of Capital City College Group