The Supported Internship Programme at Westminster Kingsway College provides students with the opportunity to enter the world of work. The programme is designed so that people with additional support needs aged 16-25yrs old with an EHCP have the guidance and encouragement they need to succeed in their chosen industries.
When you are on the programme you will:
- Be placed with an employer for a minimum of 5months
- Be on placement for 5-12 hours a week with your personal Job Coach who will make sure you get the correct assistance and support in the workplace
- Study Functional Skills English and Maths
- Study Employability skills to develop your skills in team working, communication, job applications, how to manage your time and many more!
- Receive personalised travel-training support according to your needs
- Participate in tutorials and enrichment activities
We aim to give you the opportunity to gain the experience, skills and qualifications that are valued by employers.
At the end of the programme we help you in securing work, apprenticeships or further study.
Supported Internship – Preparation for Work – Level 1
Location: Kings Cross - Start Date: 8th September 19